Caleb and Sarah preview Dinosaurs on a Spaceship, episode 2 of the new series of Doctor Who, written by Chris Chibnall, as our series 7 coverage continues – don’t forget to download our Asylum of the Daleks commentary and read our review!
With a great guest cast including Arthur Weasley, Argus Filch, Inspector Lestrade and Mitchell & Webb (also known as Mark Williams, David Bradley, Rupert Graves and, er, Mitchell & Webb), the Doctor assembles a motley gang to investigate dinosaurs… on a spaceship!
But is the entertainment factor of said prehistoric creatures be undermined by flaws in the characterisation? We give our first impressions, and a drop a few hints and teasers about what’s ahead.
If you want a few more hints, read on…
- The logo is scaly this week!
- The Doctor narrowly avoids being kissed… and later kisses someone else.
- “What sort of man doesn’t carry a trowel?”
- Amy claims to be royalty.
- The rationale for why there are dinosaurs on a spaceship is pretty cool!
- “You’re going straight on the naughty step!”
- The Doctor might not be inclined to mercy…
Are you looking forward to Dinosaurs on a Spaceship? Let us know your expectations in the comments, or via Twitter, Facebook or email, and come back on Saturday for our commentary!